The Physical TV Company’s film, “Monk: Reloaded” is a collaboration between Australian director/choreographer/performer Richard James Allen and German light/sound/sculpture interactive installation artist Chris Ziegler, creates an unexpected cinematic experience of living in the moment. A solitary, hesitant figure grows bold then frenetic searching for steady glow and melodic resolution in a chiaroscuro hanging glass forest that responds with light and song to gesture and motion. Reframing “The Prayer of Saint Francis” using real time interactive installation technology, Monk: Reloaded reboots spirituality for the new media age.
- Shortlisted for Outstanding achievement in dance on film or new media at the 2013 Australian Dance Awards.
- Won the Audience Choice Award, Digi-Media Vodule, WOW YouTube Channel, at the 2013 World of Women (WOW) Film Festival.
- A Finalist for Best Australian Bigi-Media Vodule at the 2013 World of Women (WOW) Film Festival.
- Nominated an ‘Ellie’ at the Australian Screen Editors Guild (ASE) Awards2012 – the Digistor Award for Best Editing, Open Content for Karen Pearlman.
- Shortlisted for finalist consideration for the 2012 Blake Prize and selected for 2012 Directors Cut Exhibition.
An unexpected cinematic experience of living in the moment
Creation of Monk: Reloaded was supported by Critical Path